Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Chinese New Year

Is it possible to calcuate the date of the Chinese new year, by either
worksheet functions, or an UDF, if given the Georgian calendar year?

I.e.

If I pass the year 1978, the function should return 2 February 1978.
If I pass the year 1999, the function should return 15 Feburary 1999.

Etc... (what ever the date of a given year)

TIA,

CE
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

On Sat, 09 Feb 2013 14:12:07 +0100, "Charlotte E." wrote:

Is it possible to calcuate the date of the Chinese new year, by either
worksheet functions, or an UDF, if given the Georgian calendar year?

I.e.

If I pass the year 1978, the function should return 2 February 1978.
If I pass the year 1999, the function should return 15 Feburary 1999.

Etc... (what ever the date of a given year)

TIA,

CE

Calculate... sure.

Chinese to Gregorian calc first, then a moon phase resolution.

A lot easier to simply paste in a pre figured list and reference that.

A calculation is harder, and then there are leap year complexities to
fold in.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi,

Am Sat, 09 Feb 2013 14:12:07 +0100 schrieb Charlotte E.:

Is it possible to calcuate the date of the Chinese new year, by either
worksheet functions, or an UDF, if given the Georgian calendar year?

have a look:
http://www.math.nus.edu.sg/aslaksen/calendar/cal.pdf

Regards
Claus Busch
--
Win XP PRof SP2 / Vista Ultimate SP2
Office 2003 SP2 /2007 Ultimate SP2
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

On Sat, 09 Feb 2013 14:12:07 +0100, "Charlotte E." wrote:

Is it possible to calcuate the date of the Chinese new year, by either
worksheet functions, or an UDF, if given the Georgian calendar year?

I.e.

If I pass the year 1978, the function should return 2 February 1978.
If I pass the year 1999, the function should return 15 Feburary 1999.

Etc... (what ever the date of a given year)

TIA,

CE

Lookup table type:

http://www.mediafire.com/view/?tr2a8a06t7r64ox
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

On Sat, 9 Feb 2013 15:45:03 +0100, Claus Busch
wrote:

Hi,

Am Sat, 09 Feb 2013 14:12:07 +0100 schrieb Charlotte E.:

Is it possible to calcuate the date of the Chinese new year, by either
worksheet functions, or an UDF, if given the Georgian calendar year?

have a look:
http://www.math.nus.edu.sg/aslaksen/calendar/cal.pdf

Regards
Claus Busch

Nice document. Thanks.

convert day of year to numeric value format year+day in 4 digits Kaaren Excel Worksheet Functions 3 February 7th 09 08:37 PM
Combination Graph with current year and prior year sales JanW Charts and Charting in Excel 2 April 5th 07 09:20 PM
Excel 2003 traditional chinese to simplified chinese SHO Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 0 December 1st 06 05:23 AM
Chinese in VBA tjmj Excel Programming 0 June 17th 06 01:12 PM
Chinese Bill[_28_] Excel Programming 3 January 25th 05 03:23 PM