Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
CellShocked CellShocked is offline

Default Chinese New Year

On Sat, 09 Feb 2013 14:12:07 +0100, "Charlotte E." wrote:

Is it possible to calcuate the date of the Chinese new year, by either
worksheet functions, or an UDF, if given the Georgian calendar year?

I.e.

If I pass the year 1978, the function should return 2 February 1978.
If I pass the year 1999, the function should return 15 Feburary 1999.

Etc... (what ever the date of a given year)

TIA,

CE

Calculate... sure.

Chinese to Gregorian calc first, then a moon phase resolution.

A lot easier to simply paste in a pre figured list and reference that.

A calculation is harder, and then there are leap year complexities to
fold in.