-   -   Chinese New Year (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/448151-chinese-new-year.html)

Charlotte E.[_3_]

Chinese New Year

Is it possible to calcuate the date of the Chinese new year, by either
worksheet functions, or an UDF, if given the Georgian calendar year?

I.e.

If I pass the year 1978, the function should return 2 February 1978.
If I pass the year 1999, the function should return 15 Feburary 1999.

Etc... (what ever the date of a given year)

TIA,

CE

CellShocked

Chinese New Year

On Sat, 09 Feb 2013 14:12:07 +0100, "Charlotte E." wrote:

Is it possible to calcuate the date of the Chinese new year, by either
worksheet functions, or an UDF, if given the Georgian calendar year?

I.e.

If I pass the year 1978, the function should return 2 February 1978.
If I pass the year 1999, the function should return 15 Feburary 1999.

Etc... (what ever the date of a given year)

TIA,

CE

Calculate... sure.

Chinese to Gregorian calc first, then a moon phase resolution.

A lot easier to simply paste in a pre figured list and reference that.

A calculation is harder, and then there are leap year complexities to
fold in.

Claus Busch

Chinese New Year

Hi,

Am Sat, 09 Feb 2013 14:12:07 +0100 schrieb Charlotte E.:

Is it possible to calcuate the date of the Chinese new year, by either
worksheet functions, or an UDF, if given the Georgian calendar year?

have a look:
http://www.math.nus.edu.sg/aslaksen/calendar/cal.pdf

Regards
Claus Busch
--
Win XP PRof SP2 / Vista Ultimate SP2
Office 2003 SP2 /2007 Ultimate SP2

CellShocked

Chinese New Year

On Sat, 09 Feb 2013 14:12:07 +0100, "Charlotte E." wrote:

Is it possible to calcuate the date of the Chinese new year, by either
worksheet functions, or an UDF, if given the Georgian calendar year?

I.e.

If I pass the year 1978, the function should return 2 February 1978.
If I pass the year 1999, the function should return 15 Feburary 1999.

Etc... (what ever the date of a given year)

TIA,

CE

Lookup table type:

http://www.mediafire.com/view/?tr2a8a06t7r64ox

CellShocked

Chinese New Year

On Sat, 9 Feb 2013 15:45:03 +0100, Claus Busch
wrote:

Hi,

Am Sat, 09 Feb 2013 14:12:07 +0100 schrieb Charlotte E.:

Is it possible to calcuate the date of the Chinese new year, by either
worksheet functions, or an UDF, if given the Georgian calendar year?

have a look:
http://www.math.nus.edu.sg/aslaksen/calendar/cal.pdf

Regards
Claus Busch