Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Windows XL, Mac XL, and the Ribbon?

Jim,

I checked, was not enabled, so I enabled it, but this doesn't seem to
be the issue.

After that, my Mac colleague and I did some digging in the files
When I send Mac a working file, and we look into the file as a .zip
file, he sees the same folders & files I do.
When Mac opens the file in Excel and then saves, and looks into the
newly saved file as a .zip, the customUI folder is missing!

He manually copied the customUI folder back into the zip version of
the file, sent me the file, and there are a bunch of 0kb files, all
named the same as the folders, as well as a MACOSX folder & 0kb file
that he can't see on his Mac.

Any ideas? It appears that when the Excel For Mac saves the file, it
strips out my customUI, and potentially adds a few system files. when
I tried opening an earlier copy (that he had saved & sent me) as a
zip, I get an error that the zip file is corrupt or invalid.

We're going to dig a little more, but if anyone has an idea on where
to dig, it'd be appreciated!!

On Jun 6, 12:56*pm, "Jim Rech" wrote:
Do you have "Show add-in user interface errors" turned on under Excel
options, Advanced, General? If not you wouldn't get a warning if the XML is
screwed up.

"Mike" wrote in message

Jim,

so I tried your suggestion. *didn't seem to hit the Stop, which would
indicate the RibbonOnLoad is never getting called post Mac, correct?

Anyone know what would cause that and how do I fix it?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I know nothing about Macs I'm afraid and it's amazing to hear that they
remove ribbonx from files they save. If you can't find a way to fix this I
can only suggest that you put your ribbonx in an addin that your main file
opens and closes when it is activated and deactivated. This can be a hassle
of course since users have to keep the files together.

"Mike" wrote in message

Jim,

so I tried your suggestion. didn't seem to hit the Stop, which would
indicate the RibbonOnLoad is never getting called post Mac, correct?

Anyone know what would cause that and how do I fix it?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

"Mike" wrote in message
[ ]

Any ideas? It appears that when the Excel For Mac saves the file, it
strips out my customUI, and potentially adds a few system files. when
I tried opening an earlier copy (that he had saved & sent me) as a
zip, I get an error that the zip file is corrupt or invalid.

We're going to dig a little more, but if anyone has an idea on where
to dig, it'd be appreciated!!

Mike - check your inbox for an email from me ....

--
Clif McIrvin

(clare reads his mail with moe, nomail feeds the bit bucket :-)