Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Timed Scrolling

On Mon, 06 Jun 2011 09:18:07 -0400, GS wrote:

has brought this to us :
I have a spreadsheet with up to 140 rows, these rows are scores and
only show about 16 rows at a time. I want to scroll down to the next
16 etc about every 2 minutes or so, as these scores are projected onto
a screen at our golf club. Once the scrolling is completed I need to
do a filter which is my primary macro and then start the scrolling
again. How do I achieve this?.

Have you looked at using OnTime()?

This is the sort of macro I hope to use but do not know how to do it
EJ
Macro1
'

'
Application.Goto Reference:="One_to_Nine"
Application.OnTime Now + TimeValue("00:02:00),""Application.Goto
Reference:="Ten_to_Nineteen""
Application.Goto Reference:="Ten_to_Nineteen"
Application.Goto Reference:="Twenty_to_Twenty_Nine"
Application.Goto Reference:="Thirty_to_Thirty_Nine"
Application.Goto Reference:="Forty_to_Forty_Nine"
Application.Goto Reference:="Fifty_to_Fifty_Nine"
Application.Goto Reference:="Sixty_to_Sixty_Nine"
Application.Goto Reference:="Seventy_to_Seventy_Nine"
Application.Goto Reference:="Eighty_to_Eighty_Nine"
Application.Goto Reference:="Ninety_to_Ninety_Nine"
Application.Goto Reference:="Hundred_to_Hundred_and_Nine"
Application.Goto
Reference:="Hundred_and_Ten_to_Hundred_and_Ninetee n"
Application.Goto
Reference:="Hundred_and_Twenty_to_Hundred_and_Twen ty_Nine"
Application.Goto
Reference:="Hundred_and_Thirty_to_Hundred_and_Fort y_One"
End Sub

I want to go to each reference group about 2 minutes apart and call my
Macro (Macro 23)which sorts the scores before looping to the start
again
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

expressed precisely :
[...]

My understanding of how to use OnTime is that you give it the name of a
procedure to run. I've never done what you're trying to do but I do
recall reading about how to do a slide show in Excel. Perhaps someone
else can step in with info on that OR you could google for it using
"Excel Slide Show VBA" or some such. I'll see if I can find something
and will post back if successful...

--
Garry

Free usenet access at