Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Move row based on value in cell

Hi All
I have searched and found lots of examples of moving rows based on the
values in a cell but I can't get it so that it loops through several
named worksheets (there are other unconnected sheets in the book hence
naming them).
What I am wishing for is code that will examine cells in column Y and
if there is a date to move the entire row to a sheet named Archive.The
source row is then cleared (not cut as I want to preserve the
formatting)..
This macro then goes on to other named sheets.
If one of you guys can help it is really appreciated.

Kind Regards

Angelo

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Angelo

Ron BeBruin has some great codes that may offer a solution for you.

Try these:

Create a summary worksheet from all worksheets (formulas with VBA)

http://www.rondebruin.nl/summary.htm

Create a summary worksheet from different workbooks (formulas with VBA)

http://www.rondebruin.nl/summary2.htm

Delete row if a specific value exist

http://www.ronbebruin.nl/delete.htm

HTH
Mick

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Mick
Thank you for replying, have been looking at this all morning in the
hope of finding an answer.
I use Macro's so infrequently that I get a little mixed up when I try
anything complicated.
I do recall Ron Bruins page from past and his was the one of the first
I turned to except that he now seems to have updated his examples and
also uses Excel 2007 - I am on 2003.
The delete sheet is useful and whilst I have found similar examples
over the net the problem I am having is getting to move the row to a
different sheet AND loop through various sheets.
Here is a loop I found which I think may be suitable for the looping
part, now to find the other bits.

Sub looparray()
Dim sh As Worksheet
For Each sh In Sheets(Array("Sheet2", "Sheet6", "Sheet10"))
MsgBox sh.Range("a1")
Next
End Sub

Kind Regards