Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Conditional Formatting Weirdness

Here's another...conditional formatting has been "glitching" around a
lot, as well. Have you noticed anything weird with this? I have
tried the conditional formatting provided in the program and created
it on my own with the cell.

For example:
=if("D4="Years",E4/F4,text(E4/F4,"0.0%"))

This formula works most of the time, but just stops working in some
instances until you edit the formula, altering nothing, and
recalculate. Same with the conditional formatting functionality built
into excel. (Note: I have already verified uniform formatting of
the
source date.)
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Jim laid this down on his screen :
Here's another...conditional formatting has been "glitching" around a
lot, as well. Have you noticed anything weird with this? I have
tried the conditional formatting provided in the program and created
it on my own with the cell.

For example:
=if("D4="Years",E4/F4,text(E4/F4,"0.0%"))

This formula works most of the time, but just stops working in some
instances until you edit the formula, altering nothing, and
recalculate. Same with the conditional formatting functionality built
into excel. (Note: I have already verified uniform formatting of
the
source date.)

This is not a Conditional Formatting formula as would be used in the CF
dialog. Please restate your problem if you expect any helpful
suggestions.

--
Garry

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

You have another response at one of your other posts.

On 09/16/2010 10:47, Jim wrote:
Here's another...conditional formatting has been "glitching" around a
lot, as well. Have you noticed anything weird with this? I have
tried the conditional formatting provided in the program and created
it on my own with the cell.

For example:
=if("D4="Years",E4/F4,text(E4/F4,"0.0%"))

This formula works most of the time, but just stops working in some
instances until you edit the formula, altering nothing, and
recalculate. Same with the conditional formatting functionality built
into excel. (Note: I have already verified uniform formatting of
the
source date.)

--
Dave Peterson

VLOOKUP weirdness Dave Excel Worksheet Functions 2 November 5th 06 03:22 PM
Conditional Sum weirdness . . . WillRn Excel Worksheet Functions 1 February 17th 05 10:46 PM
VBE Weirdness questionmark Excel Programming 2 February 6th 05 06:41 PM
Weirdness Kevin L Excel Programming 2 December 1st 04 03:45 PM
VBA IDE Weirdness.... Trip[_2_] Excel Programming 3 June 17th 04 03:49 AM