Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Addin - Invalidate Error

Is it possible to create an Excel 2007 add-in that checks the
existence for a particular sheet in an workbook and if that sheet
exists populate drop-downs on a ribbon with values from that
particular sheet?

I am curious b/c I have created a workbook that does what I want
(populates drop-downs if the sheet exists in the active workbook) but
as soon as I save the file as an add-in and try to use it on other
workbooks I keep getting an Error 91 (object variable) when I try to
Invalidate the ribbon and refresh the drop-down values.

Thanks,
-Brian

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Bob, thanks for the response.

However I ended up figuring out the problem last night.

I am pretty sure it related to having multiple add-ins using the same
"OnLoad" callback name. After making each add-ins OnLoad callback
unique, my add-in was working as expected.

Here is the web-site that had the solution (Ken Puls):
http://www.excelguru.ca/blog/2009/06...ures%E2%80%A6/

code - there are a couple hundred lines of code so I don't know if
you all would want to review.

Thanks,
-Brian