Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Addin out of range error

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

I am having a bit of trouble with add-ins.

I have a macro that, among other things, checks to see if a particular
add-in is installed and loaded into memory in Excel.

The problem is that if the add-in is not registered in the list of
available add-ins in the Tools-Addins menu it errors out in a subscript
out of error range.

I tried a number of ways to trap the error, none of which have been
successful.

Note: My code is neither clean nor pretty.

Examples:
dim myval as boolean

On Error Resume Next
If IsError(Application.AddIns("Unloaded Addin").Installed = True)
Then myval= false
---------------------------------
dim myval as boolean

If IsError(Application.AddIns("Unloaded Addin").Installed = True)
Then GoTo opt_out
' (other code

exit sub

opt_out:
myval = false
'return to main code
---------------------------------

Each of these generates the Run time error '9':Subscript out of range.

Any ideas on how to check this and not generate an error if the addin
isn't listed as "registered" with Excel?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

This works for me

Dim myval As Boolean
Dim addn As AddIn

myval = False
For Each addn In Application.AddIns
If LCase(addn.Name) = "unloaded addin.xla" Then
myval = addn.Installed
Exit For
End If
Next addn
MsgBox myval

--

HTH

RP

"Trux" wrote in message
ups.com...
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

dim myval as boolean
On Error Resume Next
Myval = Application.AddIns("Unloaded Addin").Installed
On Error goto 0

' at this point, if the addin is installed, then myval will equal True.
Otherwise, it is false

Tom Ogilvy

ups.com...