Posted to microsoft.public.excel,microsoft.public.excel.misc,microsoft.public.excel.programming,microsoft.public.excel.setup

Default Why does saving take SOOO long?

On my colleague's machine an Excel 2003 file takes 4 or 5 seconds to save
On mine the same file take between 22 and 25 seconds.

Why?

My PC has a stonking big powerful dual-core processor (the laptop cost
£1000)
I have many gigs of free-space
My disk is thoroughly defragged

My colleague has a very run of the mill business laptop

For other things my PC is faster or the same as his

What can I do, because this is becoming frustrating.

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel,microsoft.public.excel.misc,microsoft.public.excel.programming,microsoft.public.excel.setup

You may have many temporary files on your computer that need to be cleaned
out. It could even be that somehow, your Excel is corrupted in some manner.

If this occurs only with this one file, make a copy of the file to a
removable device and then remove all traces of the file from your computer.
Copy the file back to your computer and see if there is a difference.

"Michelle" wrote in message
On my colleague's machine an Excel 2003 file takes 4 or 5 seconds to save
On mine the same file take between 22 and 25 seconds.

Why?

My PC has a stonking big powerful dual-core processor (the laptop cost
£1000)
I have many gigs of free-space
My disk is thoroughly defragged

My colleague has a very run of the mill business laptop

For other things my PC is faster or the same as his

What can I do, because this is becoming frustrating.

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel,microsoft.public.excel.misc,microsoft.public.excel.programming,microsoft.public.excel.setup

"Michelle" wrote in message
On my colleague's machine an Excel 2003 file takes 4 or 5 seconds to save
On mine the same file take between 22 and 25 seconds.

Why?

is it the same file?
if not you may have a spreadsheet where you have gone to the very bottom
'000000's lines and so making the file artifically large?

check your filesize against your colleagues
--
Vass