Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Ratio ??.

Y/N know is there a way to ratio rows or columns.
What is this way?
My unsuccessful attempts at circular referencing to 3 cells & down the 3
columns were not achievable.

Goal/Example.
What I attempting is to have a ladder against a wall the dimensions of the
height and distance from the wall will always be proportional to Pythagoras
law 3:4:5 in columns C:D:E, However they must be variable at the same time
and then the result of said calc is to be able to be used in another cell for
another calc?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi,

Lets assume you enter a number in c1 (say) 3.

Put this formula in D1
=C1/3*4
and this in E1
=D1/4*5

the 3 numbers will now be in the ratio 3/4/5 and can be tested as being with
the formula in another cell

=C1^2+D1^2=E1^2
--
Mike