-   -   Ratio ??. (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/442221-ratio.html)

Busnpleasur

Ratio ??.

Y/N know is there a way to ratio rows or columns.
What is this way?
My unsuccessful attempts at circular referencing to 3 cells & down the 3
columns were not achievable.

Goal/Example.
What I attempting is to have a ladder against a wall the dimensions of the
height and distance from the wall will always be proportional to Pythagoras
law 3:4:5 in columns C:D:E, However they must be variable at the same time
and then the result of said calc is to be able to be used in another cell for
another calc?

Mike H

Ratio ??.

Hi,

Lets assume you enter a number in c1 (say) 3.

Put this formula in D1
=C1/3*4
and this in E1
=D1/4*5

the 3 numbers will now be in the ratio 3/4/5 and can be tested as being with
the formula in another cell

=C1^2+D1^2=E1^2
--
Mike