Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default How to find all UDF calls in all workbooks

I've decided to make a few "improvements" to some of the UDFs in my
personal add-in module. Now I need to find all of the calls to those
UDFs in all of my workbooks, because the syntax has changed some.

Is there an easy way to find them other than opening each one?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I vaguely recall dealing with this before, but I can't remember if it was
code or an add in. I think this will do it for you:
http://www.asap-utilities.com/downlo...-utilities.php

NYC public library is closing and they're ushering me out, so I can't test
it now, but give it a whirl and see how you get along.

--
Ryan---

"Prof Wonmug" wrote:

I've decided to make a few "improvements" to some of the UDFs in my
personal add-in module. Now I need to find all of the calls to those
UDFs in all of my workbooks, because the syntax has changed some.

Is there an easy way to find them other than opening each one?
.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

On Tue, 27 Apr 2010 16:53:02 -0700, ryguy7272
wrote:

I vaguely recall dealing with this before, but I can't remember if it was
code or an add in. I think this will do it for you:
http://www.asap-utilities.com/downlo...-utilities.php

NYC public library is closing and they're ushering me out, so I can't test
it now, but give it a whirl and see how you get along.

I scanned the FAQ and the function list and tried a search. I didn't
see anything that worked on all workbooks. There were lots of things
that worked on all worksheets and maybe all open workbooks, but not
all workbooks.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Try Find, FindAll with "myFunc("

Ensure Match Entire cell is not checked and Look in: Formulas

Could write a macro to return a list of all found in each sheet. You would
need to open the workbook though.

Regards,
Peter T

"Prof Wonmug" wrote in message
I've decided to make a few "improvements" to some of the UDFs in my
personal add-in module. Now I need to find all of the calls to those
UDFs in all of my workbooks, because the syntax has changed some.

Is there an easy way to find them other than opening each one?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

On Wed, 28 Apr 2010 16:59:47 +0100, "Peter T" <peter_t@discussions
wrote:

Try Find, FindAll with "myFunc("

Ensure Match Entire cell is not checked and Look in: Formulas

I am able to get it to work within a workbook. I was hoping for a
solution that would check all workbooks, whether open or not.

Sounds like I'd need a macro or something.

Could write a macro to return a list of all found in each sheet. You would
need to open the workbook though.

Regards,
Peter T

"Prof Wonmug" wrote in message
.. .
I've decided to make a few "improvements" to some of the UDFs in my
personal add-in module. Now I need to find all of the calls to those
UDFs in all of my workbooks, because the syntax has changed some.

Is there an easy way to find them other than opening each one?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

No problem to process all open workbooks, but for sure it/they need to be
open

For each wb in application.workbooks
For each ws in wb.worksheets
etc

wrote:

Try Find, FindAll with "myFunc("

Ensure Match Entire cell is not checked and Look in: Formulas

I am able to get it to work within a workbook. I was hoping for a
solution that would check all workbooks, whether open or not.

Sounds like I'd need a macro or something.

Could write a macro to return a list of all found in each sheet. You would
need to open the workbook though.

Regards,
Peter T

"Prof Wonmug" wrote in message
. ..
I've decided to make a few "improvements" to some of the UDFs in my
personal add-in module. Now I need to find all of the calls to those
UDFs in all of my workbooks, because the syntax has changed some.

Is there an easy way to find them other than opening each one?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

wrote:

I vaguely recall dealing with this before, but I can't remember if it was
code or an add in. I think this will do it for you:
http://www.asap-utilities.com/downlo...-utilities.php

NYC public library is closing and they're ushering me out, so I can't test
it now, but give it a whirl and see how you get along.

I sent them an email asking if asap can do this. They said it cannot,
but suggested this one:

For now you can also use the following add-in. It should do exactly
what you want and you can download a fully functional 15 day trail:

http://www.ablebits.com/excel-find-r...anager-addins/

I haven't had a chance to try it yet.