Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default macro stopping

All of my macros are pausing at various points. Is there a control somewhere
that I may have hit by mistake? Is there any way to stop it from doing this?
It gives me the option to continue, but I don't want to have to keep pressing
continue.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Are there any lines in your code that are highlighted in red? If so, those
lines are designated as break points and your code will stop on them. If you
have them and want to remove them, just click on the "red dot" next to them
in the gray left-hand border for that code window. Another reason your code
might stop is if you have a Stop statement in your code... that statement
will also evoke a break in your code.

--
Rick (MVP - Excel)

"JOSEPH WEBER" wrote in message
All of my macros are pausing at various points. Is there a control
somewhere
that I may have hit by mistake? Is there any way to stop it from doing
this?
It gives me the option to continue, but I don't want to have to keep
pressing
continue.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

What's the code that is highlighted? Is there an error message? Is
there a brown blob on the left of the code where it stops? Does it say
"Debug.Assert..."

JOSEPH WEBER;703190 Wrote:

All of my macros are pausing at various points. Is there a control
somewhere
that I may have hit by mistake? Is there any way to stop it from doing

this?
It gives me the option to continue, but I don't want to have to keep

pressing
continue.

--
p45cal

*p45cal*
p45cal's Profile: http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/member.php?u=558
View this thread: http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/sh...d.php?t=196743

http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Can you provide some more details? What exactly is the message you are
getting? Is it presented in a dialog box? What is the title of the dialog
box (at the top of the box)? Is there actually a button labeled "Continue"?

If instead you do have a bunch of break points in your VBA code, then go
into the VB Editor, and select "Clear All Breakpoints" from the "Debug" menu
and that will remove them.

Eric

"JOSEPH WEBER" wrote:

All of my macros are pausing at various points. Is there a control somewhere
that I may have hit by mistake? Is there any way to stop it from doing this?
It gives me the option to continue, but I don't want to have to keep pressing
continue.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Wish i could do a print screen. The title is Microsoft Visual Basic. The
message is Code execution has been interrupted. I have buttons of "Continue",
"End", "Debug" and "Help". I don't have any breakpoints in the code. This
happened to me before and I put in: Application.EnableCancelKey = xlDisabled,
but i don't want to do that to every macro I have and plus I may need to stop
it for some reason or another.

"JOSEPH WEBER" wrote:

All of my macros are pausing at various points. Is there a control somewhere
that I may have hit by mistake? Is there any way to stop it from doing this?
It gives me the option to continue, but I don't want to have to keep pressing
continue.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

perhaps you have 'Break on all Errors' selected in the General tab of
the Options Dialogue box under Tools|Options in the Visual Basic
Editor?

--
p45cal

*p45cal*
p45cal's Profile: http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/member.php?u=558
View this thread: http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/sh...d.php?t=196743

http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Dear Joseph,

Do you have Adobe Acrobat installed on your computer?
I have had Acrobat installed for years, and just several days ago I
started having this problem in Word 2003, and now today in Excel 2003.

Acrobat places menu items and toolbars into both Word and Excel, and
it does this is some sort of sneaky way since there are no Acrobat
addins that I can find.

Perhaps it is possible that an Acrobat software update created my
problem. Rebooting does resolve it for a while.

Brian Murphy
Austin, Texas
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Brian Murphy formulated on Sunday :
Dear Joseph,

Do you have Adobe Acrobat installed on your computer?
I have had Acrobat installed for years, and just several days ago I
started having this problem in Word 2003, and now today in Excel 2003.

Acrobat places menu items and toolbars into both Word and Excel, and
it does this is some sort of sneaky way since there are no Acrobat
addins that I can find.

Perhaps it is possible that an Acrobat software update created my
problem. Rebooting does resolve it for a while.

Brian Murphy
Austin, Texas

I'm pretty sure they use a COMAddin that's configured for all MSO apps.
You may find it listed in the COMAddins dialog and if so, you can clear
its checkbox if you don't want it installed.

You may have to add the COMAddins menuitem to the Tools menu via the
Customize dialog.

--
Garry

stopping a macro Bradly Excel Programming 0 December 3rd 09 06:46 PM
Stopping A Macro Mike Lewis Excel Programming 4 July 11th 08 01:29 PM
Stopping a macro DJ Excel Programming 13 October 22nd 07 06:40 PM
Stopping a Macro Felix Excel Programming 10 August 14th 07 12:20 PM
My Macro keeps stopping?? Sh0t2bts Excel Programming 5 October 28th 03 03:08 PM