Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default weird and spontaneous combobox resizing

My company has a web-based interface for remote access to my work pc. So I
can be at home and log in to it to access any and all files, applications,
network folders etc... When I use this avenue to work on a file with ActiveX
combo boxes, they will spontaneously become different sizes every time I
click on them to execute their actions. Sometimes they shrink, sometimes
they get bigger, sometimes they get narrower but taller at the same time.
And with each repetition the effect is magnified. It gets truly absurd at
times. If I look at the height and width properties, they have not changed.
If I save the file and re-open, the odd sizes are still there, even though
the size properties show no changes from the original.

Can anyone provide insight to what the heck is going on here? And how I can
fix it? I have a tester experiencing the same thing, so it's not my home
laptop. Any help will be MOST appreciated!
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Are you developing this application in Excel?
Which version of excel are you using?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Excel 2007. And I don't know if this would make a difference, but the
working file has to remain .xls and is always opened/edited/saved in
compatibility mode.

"dan dungan" wrote:

Are you developing this application in Excel?
Which version of excel are you using?
.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I'm using Excel 2000, so I'm not much help for your question.