Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default missing items in sheet's activex list/combobox after resizing range

Can anybody else confirm a "bug" regarding comboboxes on a
worksheet? Add a combobox to a sheet and set its
ListFillRange to a named range.

Resize the named range. View the items in the list. Repeat
a couple of times.

The combobox does not show all items in the newly-resized
range name.

I found a workaround: First set the ListFillRange = "" and
then to the newly-resized range name.

However, this is not needed for a combobox on a userform.
Just for a worksheet.

I didn't see anything on the KB. Anybody else seen this
problem?

I'm using XL2000 SR1 and SR3.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Tim,

Yes, this is a bug that's unique to Excel 2000. It works correctly in
all other versions. I've never seen it documented either, although I haven't
really looked very hard for it.

--
Rob Bovey, MCSE, MCSD, Excel MVP
Application Professionals