-   -   missing items in sheet's activex list/combobox after resizing range (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/274161-missing-items-sheets-activex-list-combobox-after-resizing-range.html)

Tim Zych[_2_]

missing items in sheet's activex list/combobox after resizing range

Can anybody else confirm a "bug" regarding comboboxes on a
worksheet? Add a combobox to a sheet and set its
ListFillRange to a named range.

Resize the named range. View the items in the list. Repeat
a couple of times.

The combobox does not show all items in the newly-resized
range name.

I found a workaround: First set the ListFillRange = "" and
then to the newly-resized range name.

However, this is not needed for a combobox on a userform.
Just for a worksheet.

I didn't see anything on the KB. Anybody else seen this
problem?

I'm using XL2000 SR1 and SR3.

Rob Bovey

missing items in sheet's activex list/combobox after resizing range

Hi Tim,

Yes, this is a bug that's unique to Excel 2000. It works correctly in
all other versions. I've never seen it documented either, although I haven't
really looked very hard for it.

--
Rob Bovey, MCSE, MCSD, Excel MVP
Application Professionals