Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Help on Custom Task Pane in Excel 2007 using Managed code...

Hi,
Is it possible to build custom task pane using C#?
If yes, can someone point me to the correct links/resources for building
custom taks pane for Excel 2007 using managed code (C#)?

Best Regards,
Venkataramana
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Mathias has an example at
http://www.clear-lines.com/blog/post...g-started.aspx
which builds a task pane amongst other things.

--

HTH

Bob

"Venkataramana" wrote in message
Is it possible to build custom task pane using C#?
If yes, can someone point me to the correct links/resources for building
custom taks pane for Excel 2007 using managed code (C#)?

Best Regards,
Venkataramana

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Bob,
Thanks for the link. This seems a COM add-in and installed properly while
compiling the code, but how do I deploy the same on another machine? When I
tried to add the add-in, it is giving an error 'Not a valid COM add-in'

Can I keep the add-in files in a network share and still add to excel
client? I am looking for an easy distribution without requiring installation
through admin account.

Best Regards,
Venkataramana

"Bob Phillips" wrote in message
Mathias has an example at
http://www.clear-lines.com/blog/post...g-started.aspx
which builds a task pane amongst other things.

--

HTH

Bob

"Venkataramana" wrote in message
Is it possible to build custom task pane using C#?
If yes, can someone point me to the correct links/resources for building
custom taks pane for Excel 2007 using managed code (C#)?

Best Regards,
Venkataramana

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I am using VS2008 prof.
Do I need to build a setup project for this?
I am working with a non-admin account and I am wondering, how the add-in got
installed just by compiling the project on my machine.

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Venkataramana,

Yes you will need a setup project to deploy a VSTO add-in, and as Bob
said earlier, this isn't the most pleasant part of the process. The
following walk-through from MSDN describes how to do it for a 2003+2007
add-in, this should give you a good idea of where to start:

'Deploying Visual Studio 2005 Tools for the Office System SE Solutions
Using Windows Installer: Walkthroughs (Part 2 of 2)'
(http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb332052.aspx)

(I will add a post on creating a setup later but I just didn't have time
yet)

As for why it installed on your development machine without admin
privileges, this is an interesting question. VSTO projects get installed
locally so that you can debug them, but I am not sure about the question
of the privileges!

Cheers,

Mathias

;694833']I am using VS2008 prof.