Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
vrkorada[Hotmail] vrkorada[Hotmail] is offline

Default Help on Custom Task Pane in Excel 2007 using Managed code...

I am using VS2008 prof.
Do I need to build a setup project for this?
I am working with a non-admin account and I am wondering, how the add-in got
installed just by compiling the project on my machine.

Best Regards,
Venkataramana

"Bob Phillips" wrote in message
Deployment has always been a nightmare with .Net, but is much better with
VS 2008. What version are you using?

--

HTH

Bob

"vrkorada[Hotmail]" wrote in message
Hi Bob,
Thanks for the link. This seems a COM add-in and installed properly while
compiling the code, but how do I deploy the same on another machine? When
I tried to add the add-in, it is giving an error 'Not a valid COM add-in'

Can I keep the add-in files in a network share and still add to excel
client? I am looking for an easy distribution without requiring
installation through admin account.

Best Regards,
Venkataramana

"Bob Phillips" wrote in message
Mathias has an example at
http://www.clear-lines.com/blog/post...g-started.aspx
which builds a task pane amongst other things.

--

HTH

Bob

"Venkataramana" wrote in
message ...
Hi,
Is it possible to build custom task pane using C#?
If yes, can someone point me to the correct links/resources for
building
custom taks pane for Excel 2007 using managed code (C#)?

Best Regards,
Venkataramana