Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Easy one for you...

Im trying to set up a small chart at work using excel. We get targets and we
then have to input our actual achieved figures......

What I'd like to do is set it so that if wee achieve 100% or more the box
turns green...... if we achieve 80% + then it shows an amber colour........
and if below that then its a red colour...

I,ve tried allsorts but cant quite suss this task out.

Yor help will be very much appreciated.

DB

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi'

Let's say these results are in c1 to C10. Select those cells and then

Format|Conditional format - Select 'Formula is' from the dropdown and enter
the formula

=C1=0.8
Click the 'Format'button and select Amber Ok

Click add and repeat the above but this time use the formula

=C1=1 and pick Green

The formula will 'adjust' for the other cells you have selected.

I have assumed E2003. The process is slightly different for e2007 but the
formula are the same

--
Mike

question.

"DB" wrote:

Im trying to set up a small chart at work using excel. We get targets and we
then have to input our actual achieved figures......

What I'd like to do is set it so that if wee achieve 100% or more the box
turns green...... if we achieve 80% + then it shows an amber colour........
and if below that then its a red colour...

I,ve tried allsorts but cant quite suss this task out.

Yor help will be very much appreciated.

DB

.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

er......duhr..... still havent susssed it....... I think I tried what you
suggested but it turns all the figures green...

Heres what im trying.......

"A" column has out targets..... "C" is what we actually achieved......

A C
100 120 (so this would
be green cos more than target)
62 21 ( red - cos
well below)
80 66 (amber cos
nearly there)
500 519 (green - above
target)
100 60 (red cos well
below)

I hope this sort of makes sense

Thanks again

Dave

"DB" wrote:

Im trying to set up a small chart at work using excel. We get targets and
we
then have to input our actual achieved figures......

What I'd like to do is set it so that if wee achieve 100% or more the box
turns green...... if we achieve 80% + then it shows an amber
colour........
and if below that then its a red colour...

I,ve tried allsorts but cant quite suss this task out.

Yor help will be very much appreciated.

DB

.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Using Conditional Format, try this: Click Add to enter the 2nd and 3rd
conditions.

Condition 1 Formula is: =c1/a1<0.8 Format Color Red
Condition 2 Formula is: =c1/a1<1 Format Color
Yellow
Condition 3 Formula is: =c1/a1=1 Format Color Green

Select the entire range in the single column that you want the colors to
appear in. You only have to enter the format information one time and it
will automatically fromat the relative cells. If you want all the columns
of data colored, then select the entire range when you renter the formulas
and formatting.