Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Reference list

Hi all,
using excel 2007

If a cell has precedents and dependants ~
If I click on trace dependents once, it will show arrows to direct
dependants
If I click trace dependents more than once (till it beeps) it will expand
the arrows to all indirect dependancies
Is it possible to write a macro to show all dependancies in a list

Skinman

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

You could use something like this:

Sub PrecedentCells()
Dim I As Long
Dim cell As Range
I = 1
Selection.Precedents.Select
For Each cell In Selection
Cells(I, 3) = cell.Address
I = I + 1
Next cell

Cheers,
Shane Devenshire

"Skinman" wrote:

Hi all,
using excel 2007

If a cell has precedents and dependants ~
If I click on trace dependents once, it will show arrows to direct
dependants
If I click trace dependents more than once (till it beeps) it will expand
the arrows to all indirect dependancies
Is it possible to write a macro to show all dependancies in a list

Skinman

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Thank you very much
works a treat just what I required
Regards Skinman

"Shane Devenshire" wrote in
message ...

"Skinman" wrote:

Hi all,
using excel 2007

If a cell has precedents and dependants ~
If I click on trace dependents once, it will show arrows to direct
dependants
If I click trace dependents more than once (till it beeps) it will expand
the arrows to all indirect dependancies
Is it possible to write a macro to show all dependancies in a list

Skinman

Reference List Gene L. New Users to Excel 1 August 27th 09 07:45 PM
How Can I reference a the * cell in a list? emanthey Excel Programming 1 August 27th 07 10:31 PM
List Reference Sam Excel Programming 3 July 3rd 07 12:32 AM
Removing a reference from the LIST BlueTrin Excel Programming 1 August 9th 06 05:47 PM
How to reference list using a drop down menu, displaying the list eddiespaghetti Excel Programming 0 January 4th 06 08:08 PM