Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Sort a Column

Hi,

This feels like one of those things that is probably really easy but my VBA
obviously isn't up to the job :-(

On sheet "A" I have a column containing a list of names.
On sheet "B" I have the same list of names (not necessarily in the same
order) on a different sheet in the same workbook that has a load of other
data associated with it.

What I would like to do is sort the list on sheets A by the date of birth
data field associated with those names on sheet B.

Suggestions on what the code might look like would be appreciated.

TIA

Dave
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Yo need to put the birthdate onto Sheet A and then sort. the code
below looks up each brithdate using column A as the ID field for each
sheet.

Sub SortByBirthdates()

Set sht = Sheets("Sheet A")
Set BirthSht = Sheets("Sheet B")

With sht
LastRow = .Range("A" & Rows.Count).End(xlUp).Row
For RowCount = 1 To LastRow
'get ID field from Column A
ID = .Range("A" & RowCount)
'lookup ID in 2nd sheet