Blue

Default How can I sort one column and have the entire row sort. (binding)

I have my client list in rows. One row per client. The last column in the
each row has the state abriviation. I want to sort this column and have my
client list sorted by state. I need to bind the rows as a unit. Because when
I sort the last column the states sort, but they don't carry the entire row
with them. Please help.

Blue

Default How can I sort one column and have the entire row sort. (bindi

Gary"s Student,
I tried selecting all used columns, but they are all merged in different
sizes. It just sorts the single column of states. Do I just highlight the
column letter on the top to select them?

"Blue" wrote:

I have my client list in rows. One row per client. The last column in the
each row has the state abriviation. I want to sort this column and have my
client list sorted by state. I need to bind the rows as a unit. Because when
I sort the last column the states sort, but they don't carry the entire row
with them. Please help.

Blue

Gary, When I select the whole sheet and then hold ctrl and select the top
cell in the state column and sort. Message says can't select multi-columns.
Try one only. So when I do it sorts states only.

"Blue" wrote:

I have my client list in rows. One row per client. The last column in the
each row has the state abriviation. I want to sort this column and have my
client list sorted by state. I need to bind the rows as a unit. Because when
I sort the last column the states sort, but they don't carry the entire row
with them. Please help.

Blue

I keep get the note about merged cell must be exact size. I have adjusted
the rows and columns to have all the merged cells the same size. I click on
upper left corner to select the worksheet. Go to the pulldown of sort under
data and chose the state column for the sort. AND THE NOTE pops up about the
merged cells. I Know they are the exact size. What is causing this?? Need a
little Help. Take care, Blue

"Blue" wrote:

I have my client list in rows. One row per client. The last column in the
each row has the state abriviation. I want to sort this column and have my
client list sorted by state. I need to bind the rows as a unit. Because when
I sort the last column the states sort, but they don't carry the entire row
with them. Please help.

Blue

RAG DUDE,
This worked Great. I thank you for your help. When I am making columns of
data, is it best to leave them unmerged?

"Blue" wrote:

I have my client list in rows. One row per client. The last

column in the
each row has the state abriviation. I want to sort this column

and have my
client list sorted by state. I need to bind the rows as a unit.

Because when
I sort the last column the states sort, but they don't carry the

entire row
with them. Please help.

Ragdyer

Absolutely!

What you came up against is only one of the many problems that "Merge"
causes.

To be used only as the ultimate "last resort".

RD

"Ragdyer" wrote:

*Unmerge* your cells, and use "Center Across Selection" instead.

RD

-
Please keep all correspondence within the NewsGroup, so all may benefit

!

-