Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Open Workbooks

I am looping through all the workbooks in a folder, opening them, performing
some task and then closing them without saving.

I have turned screen updating off, but want to know if there is any way I
can stop the name of the file appearing in the task bar when the file is
opened? I know there are lots of arguments to the workbooks.open event but
none seem to allow this.

Paul Smith

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

'/=======================================/
Sub TitleBar_FullName()
'change toolbar
'...from ASAP Utilities - 08/11/2004
Application.Caption = Empty
Windows(1).Caption = "Hello World"
End Sub
'/=======================================/
Sub TitleBar_Standard()
'change toolbar back to normal
'...from ASAP Utilities - 08/11/2004
Application.Caption = Empty
Windows(1).Caption = ActiveWorkbook.Name
End Sub
'/=======================================/

--
Hope this helps.
If it does, please click the Yes button.

"Paul W Smith" wrote:

I am looping through all the workbooks in a folder, opening them, performing
some task and then closing them without saving.

I have turned screen updating off, but want to know if there is any way I
can stop the name of the file appearing in the task bar when the file is
opened? I know there are lots of arguments to the workbooks.open event but
none seem to allow this.

Paul Smith

.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

No idea what all this means.

Maybe it does what I want maybe it does not, but I have no idea how to use
it.

'/=======================================/

"Paul W Smith" wrote:

I am looping through all the workbooks in a folder, opening them,
performing
some task and then closing them without saving.

I have turned screen updating off, but want to know if there is any way I
can stop the name of the file appearing in the task bar when the file is
opened? I know there are lots of arguments to the workbooks.open event
but
none seem to allow this.

Paul Smith

.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I think you have mis-read my question!!!!!

I asked how to stop a file from appearing in the Task bar not the Title bar
of the application. What I am asking about is the taskbar that appears,
usually at the bottom of the screen and has the names of all the open
applications.

Paul Smith

'/=======================================/

"Paul W Smith" wrote:

I am looping through all the workbooks in a folder, opening them,
performing
some task and then closing them without saving.

I have turned screen updating off, but want to know if there is any way I
can stop the name of the file appearing in the task bar when the file is
opened? I know there are lots of arguments to the workbooks.open event
but
none seem to allow this.

Paul Smith

.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

You're right, I did misread your question...

To turn the StatusBar off, give it a blank value...
Application.StatusBar = False

To put the StatusBar back to normal
Application.StatusBar = False

These would go in procedures. You asked your question in the 'Programming'
forum so I'm assuming you are a bit familiar with programming in VBA. ???
--

'/=======================================/

"Paul W Smith" wrote:

I am looping through all the workbooks in a folder, opening them,
performing
some task and then closing them without saving.

I have turned screen updating off, but want to know if there is any way I
can stop the name of the file appearing in the task bar when the file is
opened? I know there are lots of arguments to the workbooks.open event
but
none seem to allow this.

Paul Smith

.

.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Let's try that again :O

'/=======================================/

"Paul W Smith" wrote:

I am looping through all the workbooks in a folder, opening them,
performing
some task and then closing them without saving.

I have turned screen updating off, but want to know if there is any way I
can stop the name of the file appearing in the task bar when the file is
opened? I know there are lots of arguments to the workbooks.open event
but
none seem to allow this.

Paul Smith

.

.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

You are still misreading.

Status Bar is not the TaskBar.

I think the only way is to AutoHide the Taskbar

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP