Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Gary Brown[_5_] Gary Brown[_5_] is offline

Default Open Workbooks

Let's try that again :O

To turn the StatusBar off, give it a blank value...
Application.StatusBar = ""

To put the StatusBar back to normal
Application.StatusBar = False

--
Hope this helps.
If it does, please click the Yes button.

"Gary Brown" wrote:

You're right, I did misread your question...

To turn the StatusBar off, give it a blank value...
Application.StatusBar = False

To put the StatusBar back to normal
Application.StatusBar = False

These would go in procedures. You asked your question in the 'Programming'
forum so I'm assuming you are a bit familiar with programming in VBA. ???
--
Hope this helps.
If it does, please click the Yes button.
Thanks in advance for your feedback.
Gary Brown

"Paul W Smith" wrote:

I think you have mis-read my question!!!!!

I asked how to stop a file from appearing in the Task bar not the Title bar
of the application. What I am asking about is the taskbar that appears,
usually at the bottom of the screen and has the names of all the open
applications.

Paul Smith

"Gary Brown" wrote in message
'/=======================================/
Sub TitleBar_FullName()
'change toolbar
'...from ASAP Utilities - 08/11/2004
Application.Caption = Empty
Windows(1).Caption = "Hello World"
End Sub
'/=======================================/
Sub TitleBar_Standard()
'change toolbar back to normal
'...from ASAP Utilities - 08/11/2004
Application.Caption = Empty
Windows(1).Caption = ActiveWorkbook.Name
End Sub
'/=======================================/

--
Hope this helps.
If it does, please click the Yes button.
Thanks in advance for your feedback.
Gary Brown

"Paul W Smith" wrote:

I am looping through all the workbooks in a folder, opening them,
performing
some task and then closing them without saving.

I have turned screen updating off, but want to know if there is any way I
can stop the name of the file appearing in the task bar when the file is
opened? I know there are lots of arguments to the workbooks.open event
but
none seem to allow this.

Paul Smith

.