Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default True/False Checkbox

Hey All,

This may be a really simple question to answer but I can't figure it out so
thought someone might be able to help.

I have inserted a checkbox on one sheet which is linked to a cell on another
sheet. This is fine.

When I check the box it comes up with true and un-checked false as expected.

My question: is there any way to make it say "Complete" for true and
"incomplete" for false?

Also is there anyway to change the cell background colour for each value?

Any ideas anyone?

Please bear in mind that I'm still finding my way around the more complex
functions of excel.

Feel free to drop me an email:
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

You can't change the values placed in the linked cell. You can
however, read that cell's value and display your desired text in
another cell. E.g., if your checkbox is linked to A1, you could use

=IF(A1,"Complete","Incomplete")

You could put the linked cell on another (hidden) sheet or hidden
range if you don't want to display the TRUE/FALSE values to the user.

Cordially,
Chip Pearson
Microsoft Most Valuable Professional,
Excel, 1998 - 2010