Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default checkbox true/false label

Hello,

I want to change the "TRUE" and "FALSE" labels that pop-up in the cell
linked to the checkbox with "YES" and "NO," respectively. I am using
checkboxes from the control toolbar.

These are the TRUE/FALSE labels that appear when you tick the checkbox.
I'm sure its one or two lines of code, just can't seem to find it.

Thanks for the help,
jashby2

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

No really practical to do it with code I wouldn't think. Link the cell
underneath the checkbox. Then in the cell where you want to see yes/no, put
in a formula

=if(A1,"Yes","No")

where A1 is the linked cell.

Tom Ogilvy

wrote in message
oups.com...
Hello,

I want to change the "TRUE" and "FALSE" labels that pop-up in the cell
linked to the checkbox with "YES" and "NO," respectively. I am using
checkboxes from the control toolbar.

These are the TRUE/FALSE labels that appear when you tick the checkbox.
I'm sure its one or two lines of code, just can't seem to find it.

Thanks for the help,
jashby2

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Wow thanks for the quick reply.

Seems like a good method. But more like,
=if(A1="TRUE","Yes","No")

I may need quotes around the TRUE part.

Very cool, thanks,
Jason

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

But more like,
=if(A1="TRUE","Yes","No")

If A1 is True or False, (and it is) then

what I gave you is sufficient.

A1="True"

will convert either "True" to the boolean value True or Change the Boolean
Value True in A1 to "True" to do the comparison and then return the boolean
value True.

Sounds like the long way around the block when A1 already contains a boolean
True (or False)

To summarize if that wasn't clear - you don't need to change anything I
provided.

Tom Ogilvy

wrote in message
oups.com...
Wow thanks for the quick reply.

Seems like a good method. But more like,
=if(A1="TRUE","Yes","No")

I may need quotes around the TRUE part.

Very cool, thanks,
Jason

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Okay, very true. I'm new to vba, so elegant solutions are still
foreign to me.
Thanks for the help,
Jason

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Just for clarification:
That isn't VBA, it is a worksheet formula.

You should place it in the cell where you want the Yes/No.

Tom Ogilvy

wrote in message
oups.com...
Okay, very true. I'm new to vba, so elegant solutions are still
foreign to me.
Thanks for the help,
Jason

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Alright, sounds good. I am creating rows dynamically based on form
data, so I will assign the above worksheet formula to a cell via VBA
code. So I was thinking "behind the scenes." But you are right it
still is a worksheet formula.

Go skins!