Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Rob Rob is offline

Default Links Based on Cell Values

I want to link a cell based on the value of anther cell. A cell contains an
excel file name (in text format) without the ".xls" extension. I need to
have the contents of a range of cell from that file linked to the current
worksheet. Is this possible?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Not very well...

The function you'd want to use is =indirect().

But =indirect() won't work if the sending file is closed.

Laurent Longre has an addin (morefunc.xll) at:
http://xcell05.free.fr/
or
http://xcell05.free.fr/morefunc/english/index.htm

That includes =indirect.ext() that may help you.

===
If you have trouble getting to the site, then search google for indirect.ext.

I found this alternative site:
http://download.cnet.com/Morefunc/30...-10423159.html

I didn't look to see if it was the most current version.

I'd check the original site every so often to see if it's working.

--

Dave Peterson