Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Vick

Default How do I update links based on a cell value?

I'm trying to update links based on a cell value.
For Example: A1 thru A4 has the values 21,22,23, and 24 respectivly. My
link in B2 is ='C:\temp\[Cash Report 12-22-05.xls]Sheet1'!$D$5.

Is there a way that I can have the link in B2, change to 12-23-05(A2's
Value) without doing a manual find and replace for each cell? If there is a
macro way to do this that would be great too.

Thanks in Adavance!

Vick
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Dave Peterson

If the resulting file name will be open, you can use =indirect(). But that will
fail if the "sending" workbook is closed.

How about just
Edit|Links|change source?

--

Dave Peterson
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Gerrit

are there anyway to work around the limitation that the sending file needs to
be open?

regards
Gerrit