-   -   How do I update links based on a cell value? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/61647-how-do-i-update-links-based-cell-value.html)

Vick

How do I update links based on a cell value?

I'm trying to update links based on a cell value.
For Example: A1 thru A4 has the values 21,22,23, and 24 respectivly. My
link in B2 is ='C:\temp\[Cash Report 12-22-05.xls]Sheet1'!$D$5.

Is there a way that I can have the link in B2, change to 12-23-05(A2's
Value) without doing a manual find and replace for each cell? If there is a
macro way to do this that would be great too.

Thanks in Adavance!

Vick

Dave Peterson

How do I update links based on a cell value?

If the resulting file name will be open, you can use =indirect(). But that will
fail if the "sending" workbook is closed.

How about just
Edit|Links|change source?

--

Dave Peterson

Gerrit

How do I update links based on a cell value?

are there anyway to work around the limitation that the sending file needs to
be open?

regards
Gerrit

Vick wrote:

I'm trying to update links based on a cell value.
For Example: A1 thru A4 has the values 21,22,23, and 24 respectivly. My
link in B2 is ='C:\temp\[Cash Report 12-22-05.xls]Sheet1'!$D$5.

Is there a way that I can have the link in B2, change to 12-23-05(A2's
Value) without doing a manual find and replace for each cell? If there is a
macro way to do this that would be great too.

Thanks in Adavance!

Vick

--

Dave Peterson

Dave Peterson

How do I update links based on a cell value?

Check your other post for more replies.