Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default is it possible to convert pdf file into excel?

i am receivign pdf file , i have to insert all details into excel
mannualy is it possible to import detail of pdf file to excel or to
convert pdf file to excel?. i will be thankfull to in advance for
solving my problem
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

There are a few diffferent types of pDF files. Some are exculsively
pictures and some contain mixtures of text and pictures, so are pictures
that contain text. I assume you are trying to extract the text portion
of the pdf and put into excel.

For the text that in the form a a picture you have to use a OCR
converter to get to text. Professional version of Word has an OCR
reader. You can also convert from PDF to word using utilites provided
with Adobe Writer (not free like the reader).

Sometimes you are able to save the pdf as text and with a little manual
manipultion remove the special formating characters from the readable
text. I'm sometimes successful by copy the pdf file and pasting into
Notepad (whicyh removes some of the invisible characters and then paste
into word/excel.

--
joel
joel's Profile: 229

Microsoft Office Help

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi
As joel says, copy with the mouse and paste into notepad. Remove any
text you don't like then save and close the file. In excel do Data,
Import and see what the data looks like when you try different
deliminators (tab or space separated with "treat common deliminators
as one" might do the trick).
regards
Paul