Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default convert email address file in Excel 2000 to Word file with commas

I wish to convert a colum file of email addresses in Excel to a Word file
with a comma after each address? I copy in Excel but the cell/chart
structure is maintained when I paste into Word. What should I do? The
purpose is to email address books.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

When you paste into excel, did you try to Paste Special - Unformatted text?
--
HTH,
Barb Reinhardt

If this post was helpful to you, please click YES below.

"Mike A." wrote:

I wish to convert a colum file of email addresses in Excel to a Word file
with a comma after each address? I copy in Excel but the cell/chart
structure is maintained when I paste into Word. What should I do? The
purpose is to email address books.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Assuming you have your addresses in Col A in Excel

Enter this in B1
=A1&","
and copy down to the last row with address in A

Select Col B

Open Word document

Choose Edit|Paste Special|Unformatted Text

You will get a list of addresses with "," at the end.

If you want them in one line in Word then do this

--
To get my email id paste my address in an Excel cell and press Enter...
Enter this in B1

Select the last cell only and paste in word...

"Mike A." wrote:

I wish to convert a colum file of email addresses in Excel to a Word file
with a comma after each address? I copy in Excel but the cell/chart
structure is maintained when I paste into Word. What should I do? The
purpose is to email address books.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

"Mike A." wrote:

I wish to convert a colum file of email addresses in Excel to
a Word file with a comma after each address? I copy in Excel
but the cell/chart structure is maintained when I paste into
Word. What should I do? The purpose is to email address
books.

Another and similar way is not to convert in Excel, copy, Paste Special
in Word and then replace all ^p (paragraph mark) with , (space comma)
--

James Silverton
Potomac, Maryland

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

"Mike A." wrote:

I wish to convert a colum file of email addresses in Excel
to a Word file with a comma after each address? I copy in
Excel but the cell/chart structure is maintained when I
paste into Word. What should I do? The purpose is to email
address books.

Another and similar way is not to convert in Excel, copy,
Paste Special in Word and then replace all ^p (paragraph mark)
with , (space comma) --

Sorry, that should have been (comma space) of course.

--

James Silverton
Potomac, Maryland

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default convert email address file in Excel 2000 to Word file with com

Hello James,

I tried your formula and it worked to an extent, keeping all the email
addresses in a column followed by a comma in MS Word. But when I tried to
copy and paste 20 or so addresses into an email letter using MSN Hotmail, it
did not work. Can you take me one step further to accomplish my goal? That
is, I want to convert a column of email addresses on Excel into a Word file
that I can copy and subsequently paste into an email on MSN Hotmail and send.
Thanks for your help. Again, I am using Office 2000. You can send directly
if you wish to:

"Mike A." wrote:

I wish to convert a colum file of email addresses in Excel to
a Word file with a comma after each address? I copy in Excel
but the cell/chart structure is maintained when I paste into
Word. What should I do? The purpose is to email address
books.

Another and similar way is not to convert in Excel, copy, Paste Special
in Word and then replace all ^p (paragraph mark) with , (space comma)
--

James Silverton
Potomac, Maryland

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hello Barb,

You misunderstood.

I want to transfer a column of email addresses on Excel through copy and
paste into a Word file. Subsequently, I wish to copy and paste the Word file
into an email on MSN Hotmail and send. Thanks for your help. I am using
Office 2000. You can respond directly if you wish to:

"Mike A." wrote:

I wish to convert a colum file of email addresses in Excel to a Word file
with a comma after each address? I copy in Excel but the cell/chart
structure is maintained when I paste into Word. What should I do? The
purpose is to email address books.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Mike wrote on Tue, 14 Oct 2008 02:24:00 -0700:

I tried your formula and it worked to an extent, keeping all

Let me repeat my somewhat abbreviated instructions. Suppose there are a
lot of email addresses in column A of a spreadsheet.I'm using an older
Excel 2002 too.

1. Select the addresses or column A.
2..CTRL-C to copy
3.Open Word document and click copy position
4.EditPaste SpecialUnformatted textOK
5. Select the addresses
6.EditFind what ^pReplace with , {put a space after the comma}Replace
AllOK

In case of transmission glitches, "^p" is carat lower case "p" and I
just tried it and only the last address needs the comma removed.
--

James Silverton
Potomac, Maryland