Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Problem removing page break

Hi,

I have set the print area to "a1:b9". In the page break view I can see
a page break between Columns A and B. To remove it, I type the
following in the immediate window.

ActiveSheet.Columns("b").PageBreak = xlPageBreakNone

No error is returned but the page break remains. Please help.

(The requirement is to have a page break after column b.)

Thanks in advance for the help.

Regards,
Raj
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Are you sure this is not an automatic page break because both columns cannot
fit on the one page?

Suggestions you might try.
Reduce the size of the left and right margins.

Unlikely that you want to print in landscape but set to landscape in Page
setup and then preview. Then in page break view check to see if the pagebreak
disappears. If it does then that confirms it as an automatic pagebreak.

OssieMac

"Raj" wrote:

Hi,

I have set the print area to "a1:b9". In the page break view I can see
a page break between Columns A and B. To remove it, I type the
following in the immediate window.

ActiveSheet.Columns("b").PageBreak = xlPageBreakNone

No error is returned but the page break remains. Please help.

(The requirement is to have a page break after column b.)

Thanks in advance for the help.

Regards,
Raj
.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

"Raj" wrote:
Hi,

I have set the print area to "a1:b9". In the page break view I can see
a page break between Columns A and B. To remove it, I type the
following in the immediate window.

*ActiveSheet.Columns("b").PageBreak = xlPageBreakNone

No error is returned but the page break remains. Please help.

(The requirement is to have a page break after column b.)

Thanks in advance for the help.

Regards,
Raj
.

Hi,

In landscape, the page break did disappear which confirms your hunch
that it is an automatic page break. What do I do now? Is there any way
I can delete the automatic page break. Let me explain my requirement.
I have many sheets in the workbook and I need to print columns A and
B together in a page/pages (depending on the number of rows). I have
set the print area of each page as A1:B20, A1:b35, A1:B72 and so on
using VBA. Now I need to put the first vertical page break between
Columns A and B using VBA. Anyway that I can do this?

Thanks for the help.

Regards,
Raj
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

On Feb 23, 1:05*pm, Raj wrote:

"Raj" wrote:
[...]

Regret the error. Read the second from last line as "Now I need to put
the first vertical page break between Columns B and C using VBA"

Regards,
Raj
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

It is difficult to advise you without actually seeing what you want to
achieve.

Suggest you experiment with Fit to Page in Page Setup. If you set to 1 page
wide and delete the value in Tall (leave blank) then it prints to one page
wide by how ever many high is required.

I am sure you can record the code to get the correct syntax for your VBA code.

OssieMac

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

On Feb 23, 3:33*pm, OssieMac
wrote:
It is difficult to advise you without actually seeing what you want to
achieve.

Suggest you experiment with Fit to Page in Page Setup. If you set to 1 page
wide and delete the value in Tall (leave blank) then it prints to one page
wide by how ever many high is required.

I am sure you can record the code to get the correct syntax for your VBA code.

OssieMac

Thanks for the Fit to Page solution. It worked.

Regards,
Raj