Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Question Responses

Two Questions:

1. I have a program that is intended to run unattended. It runs, collects
data and then closes all open workbooks. However, when it closes a workbook
it asks "Do you want to save changes?". That requires an operator input. How
do I avoid getting the question?

2. To start the process unattended I have to be in Excel. If my computer is
on but Excel is not running, how do I get Excel open?

Thanks for your help.

Jim Walsh
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi,

Q1.

When you close the workbook use something along the lines of

ActiveWorkbook.Close savechanges:=False

or it it isn't the active workbook

Workbooks("Book2.xlsx").Close savechanges:=False

Q2. Is a Wndows question and you can do it with task scheduler. You may get
more help on that here or maybe in a Windows forum
--
Mike

question.

"jswalsh33" wrote:

Two Questions:

1. I have a program that is intended to run unattended. It runs, collects
data and then closes all open workbooks. However, when it closes a workbook
it asks "Do you want to save changes?". That requires an operator input. How
do I avoid getting the question?

2. To start the process unattended I have to be in Excel. If my computer is
on but Excel is not running, how do I get Excel open?

Thanks for your help.

Jim Walsh

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Q#2, depends what version of Windows you are using. If preVista, follow
these steps he
http://www.iopus.com/guides/winscheduler.htm

--
Ryan---