Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Sum of sub groups

Hi,

I have data as described below:
AA1 BB1 CC1 10 EE1
AA2 BB2 CC2 8 EE2
AA3 BB3 CC3 4 EE3
AA4 BB4 CC4 5 EE4

AA5 BB5 CC5 10 EE5
AA6 BB6 CC6 20 EE6
AA7 BB7 CC7 5 EE3

So, basically I have subgroups like above in an spreadsheet. The
number of rows in each subgroup are not fixed. It may have any number
of rows. The only way I know is the subgroup is ended is when I
encounter a blank row. I need to insert a new row at the end of every
subgroup and then sum up column D in this newly inserted row. So, for
the group 1 I should have a sum of 27 (10+8+4+5), and for second sub
group my total should be 35 (10+20+5). Can someone suggest me how to
do this?

The number of subgroups will also be different in each spreadsheet.

Thanks in advance for the help.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Thank you Don. This is brilliant. Exactly what I needed. Cheers!
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

glad to help

--
Don Guillett