Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Personal.xls Workbook

I have a workbook that is very very slow to open-its take about a minute to
open. With your folks help I have alot of VBA coding in this workbook.
Also somehow a reference file or something like that as attached it self to
this particular workbook, how do I remove that as well?

A person here at work suggested that I look at the personal.xls workbook,
they couldn't remember how to find it, and I really have no clue. Can
somebody explain to me how to locate this book to see if this might be the
problem?

Thanks

Steve

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Does it take a long time to open the workbook when Excel is already open or
it takes along time for Excel to open?

Is the workbook on a network drive? Maybe try saving the workbook locally
and see if there is still a delay.

Maybe try: Tools-Addins and uncheck Analysis Toolpak. Restart Excel.

Hope this helps! If so, let me know, click 'YES" below.
--
Cheers,
Ryan

"caldog" wrote:

I have a workbook that is very very slow to open-its take about a minute to
open. With your folks help I have alot of VBA coding in this workbook.
Also somehow a reference file or something like that as attached it self to
this particular workbook, how do I remove that as well?

A person here at work suggested that I look at the personal.xls workbook,
they couldn't remember how to find it, and I really have no clue. Can
somebody explain to me how to locate this book to see if this might be the
problem?

Thanks

Steve

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Excel is already open when I try to open this workbook. And the file is
saved on my C drive. Also another workbook was just slow to open, and it has
NO VBA coding at all, just straight formulas and stuff.