Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Compile Error in Hidden Module: Module 1

I posted this over an old post but did not get any reply so I will post it
into a new post... this is what I have post and where I get teh info... some
I can get some help before doing what is proposal. Thanks.

Please read below post from bottom post to top... it is not much...

I have same problem.... I try some of it and looks like it works but before I
save the change i would like to ask some questions...

The missing library is "MISSING: Ref. Edit. Control" which I can uncheck and
will work... but this is with the file I get mailed from another PC... my
original file does show this as OK... if I uncheck it might help me make the
file work when I get it back by mail...

But how will this affect my original program if I uncheck "Ref. Edit.
Control" from my original file...?

Thanks,

"Jim Thomlinson" wrote:

Bring up the VBE (Alt + F11). Select Tools - References and look for a
reference that starts with "Missing:". You may be able to just uncheck the
reference depending what it is. Once you have unchecked the reference select
Debug - Compile and see if the project compiles. If it does not then you
will need to select an appropriate refrence. The only reference that springs
to mind if "Microsoft ActiveX Data objects RecordSet 2.7" which I believe
was upgraded to 2.8 is SP3...
--
HTH...

Jim Thomlinson

"Mim" wrote:

I have a workbook that has code that works on my computer, and a couple of
other computers. However, when the workbook is emailed to someone, then
emailed back, I get the compile error above. I originally had the code
password protected, but have since removed the password thinking that could
be the problem - but that didn't work.
the one thing I did notice was that the computer to which the file was sent
has Windows SP3 installed, while the computer getting the error on return has
SP2 installed. Could this have anything to do with it?
Does anyone know to what "Hidden Module" refers to if the code is not
password protected?
Thanks