Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Macro slow (worked well until I upgraded my machine)

Instead of hiding columns one at a time, create a range that contains all of
the columns to hide and hide them all at once.
--
HTH,

Barb Reinhardt

"Epidemic" wrote:

I am doing an iterative hide of columns that of all but ones which meet the
day of the week criteria. The macro ran fine for years through the upgrade
from 2003 to office 2007.

I have just upgraded my machine to a more powerful machine and my macro now
takes has increased processing time by 50 to 60 times for this iterative hide.

I have noticed that machines that went through the office 2003 installation
prior to 2007 still run it fine.

Example dell latitude d620 that never had 2003 takes 2 to 3 minutes to
complete. same type of laptop that did go through the path takes
approximately 2 seconds on a slow day.

finally my dual core optiplex 760 with 3 gig or ram takes several minutes.

outside of installing office 2003 on dozens of machines and then upgrading
to 2007 is there a solution?