Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default update links in Word from Excel

Dear experts,
I have many, many Word documents where some fileds are linked to cells on an
Excel worksheet.
Unfortunately I need to change the path of the Excel worksheet and just
realized that all links will break!!!!
Is there an easy way to replace the path of the Excel worksheet in the Word
documents without having to do it manually (4/5 links per document.... 200
documents...)
Many thanks in advance for your precious help.
Kind regards,

Valeria
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Valeria,

Check out my Field Link Updater, at:
http://lounge.windowssecrets.com/ind...st=20&p=261488
It's fairly old and not coded to word with Office 2007 file formats, but should otherwise do the job. A few mods would get it
working for the Office 2007 file formats too.

More generally, though, you might find it useful to embed a macro into the relevant Word documents to automatically update the file
paths. This is useful if the files are liable to being moved around but always have a fixed relative path between them. To see how,
check out the solution I've posted at:
http://lounge.windowssecrets.com/ind...owtopic=670027

--
Cheers