Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Suppress Update Links dialog AND don't update links

Hi all

I have created an Excel utility that works on the other open workbooks.
When other workbooks are opened, I want to suppress the Update Links
dialog (using Application.AskToUpdateLinks = False) but I also DON'T
want the links to be updated. Users will be on Excel 97. Any
suggestions as to a VBA solution that I can put in the utility which
will be open first?

Thanks in advance

Paul Martin
Melbourne, Australia

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Drop the .asktoupdatelinks.

And change your code in your utility to open the file without updating links.

You'll see an option on the workbooks.open statement that can be used to specify
how links should be treated. See VBA's help for all the options.

--

Dave Peterson
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Dave

No, unfortunately users could be using any version from 97 to 2003, but
mostly 97.

Paul

Dave Peterson wrote:
If you're using xl2002+, you can use:
edit|links|startup prompt (along with that application setting) to stop the
update.

Paul Martin wrote:

Hi Dave

The workbooks are being opened manually, and will not be opened
programmatically.

Paul