Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Unique Problem?

I'm have a problem that I can not solve as of yet. When I open Excel
it displays a message that says for me to check the Name of the File
I'm trying to open as it may no longer exist or it may be missed
spelled.
My problem is I do not have a file with the Name that the message
displays. I can click the "Ok" button and proceed with using excel.
The file it say's I'm trying to open is "http://
ichart.finance.yahoo.com/table.csv&s" this is part of a code that I
was using for a project. I remove the file that this code is in and
did a complete restart of my computer. When I open excel again I get
the same message again.
I ran my repair for excel, but the problem remains. The only thing I
have not done is remove excel and reinstall.
I'm hoping someone can give suggestion on this. If not the I guess
I'll have to live with the messge each time I access Exce. The version
I'm using is 2007 and Windows XP Home.
Thanks for any and all help.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I don't have excel 2007, but sometimes I can fix these probelms in 2003
and sometimes I can't. The reference is sometimes in a corrupted
portion of the workbook that you can't access. I;'ve deleted the each
worksheet one at a time until I found the worksheet. then deleted rows
and columns and never found the location where the file is located.

Here is a webiste that might help. the reference is somnetimes seen in
the Custom Properties or in a Named Range. Here are other plcaes to
look

1) See if there is a macro in THISWORKBOOK sheet in VBA
2) See if you have a startup workbbok in the XLSTART folder. do a
search opn your C: drive for the folder
3) Go to menu Edit - Links and see if there are any referenced links.

--
joel
joel's Profile: http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/member.php?userid=229

Microsoft Office Help

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

On Dec 5, 3:31*pm, joel wrote:
[...]

Joel,

Thanks for the reply. The file in question is not in Xlstart and I
deleted the workbook that contained the portion of the code that excel
is attempting to Open.
I did a search and the "http://ichart......" could not be found. The
only place that came close was in the Reg and I'm not sure if I should
remove it. When I open excel it should open to a "New" workbook, but
for some reason it try's to open the bogus file.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Charles,

Try the following registry cleaner and see if that fixes the problem. You
might have to run the analyze and clean multiple times to completely clean
the registry.

http://www.ccleaner.com/

OssieMac

"Charles" wrote:

On Dec 5, 3:31 pm, joel wrote:
[...]

.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

On Dec 5, 3:59*pm, Charles wrote:
On Dec 5, 3:31*pm, joel wrote:

[...]

For those who might be interested. I found my problem. I found it in
RegEdit H key current user for office 12 excel options.