Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
OssieMac OssieMac is offline

Default Unique Problem?

Hi Charles,

Try the following registry cleaner and see if that fixes the problem. You
might have to run the analyze and clean multiple times to completely clean
the registry.

http://www.ccleaner.com/

OssieMac

"Charles" wrote:

On Dec 5, 3:31 pm, joel wrote:
I don't have excel 2007, but sometimes I can fix these probelms in 2003
and sometimes I can't. The reference is sometimes in a corrupted
portion of the workbook that you can't access. I;'ve deleted the each
worksheet one at a time until I found the worksheet. then deleted rows
and columns and never found the location where the file is located.

Here is a webiste that might help. the reference is somnetimes seen in
the Custom Properties or in a Named Range. Here are other plcaes to
look

1) See if there is a macro in THISWORKBOOK sheet in VBA
2) See if you have a startup workbbok in the XLSTART folder. do a
search opn your C: drive for the folder
3) Go to menu Edit - Links and see if there are any referenced links.

--
joel
joel's Profile:http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/member.php?userid=229

Microsoft Office Help

Joel,

Thanks for the reply. The file in question is not in Xlstart and I
deleted the workbook that contained the portion of the code that excel
is attempting to Open.
I did a search and the "http://ichart......" could not be found. The
only place that came close was in the Reg and I'm not sure if I should
remove it. When I open excel it should open to a "New" workbook, but
for some reason it try's to open the bogus file.
.