Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Displaying Line Number In VBA Code

While viewing VBA code, I used to be able to see the line # where the
cursor was, displayed toward the top of the screen. I noticed today
that I no longer see the line number and have been unable to figure
out how to get it to display again. Can someone help?

Thanks, Sheldon
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Check to make sure you are displaying the Standard Toolbar. Click
View/Toolbars from the VB Editor menu bar (or simply right-click the menu
bar itself) and look to see if Standard has a checkmark next to it. If not,
click that item. If, on the other hand, it is checked, then try clicking the
Customize option at the bottom of the panel, select the Standard item in the
list that appears and click the Reset button... that should restore the
Standard toolbar if it was corrupted in some way.

--
Rick (MVP - Excel)

"Sheldon Potolsky" wrote in message
While viewing VBA code, I used to be able to see the line # where the
cursor was, displayed toward the top of the screen. I noticed today
that I no longer see the line number and have been unable to figure
out how to get it to display again. Can someone help?

Thanks, Sheldon

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

On Nov 5, 1:29*pm, "Rick Rothstein"
wrote:
Check to make sure you are displaying the Standard Toolbar. Click
View/Toolbars from the VB Editor menu bar (or simply right-click the menu
bar itself) and look to see if Standard has a checkmark next to it. If not,
click that item. If, on the other hand, it is checked, then try clicking the
Customize option at the bottom of the panel, select the Standard item in the
list that appears and click the Reset button... that should restore the
Standard toolbar if it was corrupted in some way.

--
Rick (MVP - Excel)

"Sheldon Potolsky" wrote in message

While viewing VBA code, I used to be able to see the line # where the
cursor was, displayed toward the top of the screen. *I noticed today
that I no longer see the line number and have been unable to figure
out how to get it to display again. *Can someone help?

Thanks, Sheldon- Hide quoted text -

Thanks Rick. View/Toolbars/Standard was already checked AND so was
View/Toolbars/Edit. I unchecked Edit and the upper-middle area of the
screen now shows Line and Column again. Thank you.

Sheldon Potolsky