Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Enabling Line/Column number in code

Hi,

I used to get the line number and column number near the tool bar in the VB
code.

For last few days Im not getting it.

Please tell me how to enable it back. (I checked tools - options but couldnt
locate the same anywhere)

Regards,
Hari
India

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Nath,

Under tools , options I have 4 tabs which are Editor, Editor format, General
and Docking.

In editor I have "window settings" with 3 check boxes for "Drag-and-drop
text editing", "Default to full module view" and "Procedure separator"

I cant see the option for row and column header. Please note Im talking
about VBA code in excel and not excel's row/column option.

Excel 2002 and VBA 6.3.8863

Regards,
Hari
India

"nath" wrote in message
It's under tools, options. In the window options
row/column headers.

I used to get the line number and column number near the

tool bar in the VB
code.

For last few days Im not getting it.

Please tell me how to enable it back. (I checked tools -

options but couldnt
locate the same anywhere)

Regards,
Hari
India

.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hari,
Not sure about Excel 2002, but previous versions never had that. What does a
"column" mean in the editor anyway ?
Maybe you had some add-in installed ?

NickHK

"nath" wrote in message
It's under tools, options. In the window options
row/column headers.

I used to get the line number and column number near the

tool bar in the VB
code.

For last few days Im not getting it.

Please tell me how to enable it back. (I checked tools -

options but couldnt
locate the same anywhere)

Regards,
Hari
India

.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Nick,

I think u may be right. I did have some add-in which I uninstalled. May be
one of those Add-ins had this feature.

May be that add-in defined column the same way as Microsoft Word does..

Regards,
Hari
India