Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default vba code line number

hello,

i was wondering if there is an option in VBA to display line numbers o
the code. we are migrating to a new server space and i need to chang
database and file locations in my code, so i am just trying to map ou
on which lines i would need to change the code. so far my best optio
is to just keep a track of the module and the procedure name in whic
the code needs to change, but going through a lot of procedures is tim
consuming

--
kdp14
kdp145's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...fo&userid=2959

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

The line and column number of the cursor's location are displayed in the
standard toolbar of the VBE (e.g. "Ln 1, Col 1"). You could annotate the
locations needing changed as you find them by adding a comment to the
end of the line - I use 'FIXME to mark problem lines. Then it's easy to
search the module for the notes.

Col

--
colofnature
colofnature's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=34356

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

thnx for the reply...thats a good solution.

another solution which i just found out from one of my co-workers i
using a bookmark...just go through the code and bookmark the lines yo
want..and later when you want to change the code, you can cycle throug
the bookmarks

--
kdp14
kdp145's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...fo&userid=2959
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=55931

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

grab a copy of mz tools for vba

http://www.mztools.com/index.htm

--

Gary

"kdp145" wrote in message

hello,

i was wondering if there is an option in VBA to display line numbers of
the code. we are migrating to a new server space and i need to change
database and file locations in my code, so i am just trying to map out
on which lines i would need to change the code. so far my best option
is to just keep a track of the module and the procedure name in which
the code needs to change, but going through a lot of procedures is time
consuming.

--
kdp145
kdp145's Profile: