Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Removing pasword-protected macro

Hi,

I have been given spreadsheet (in Excel 2007) that contains a macro. I would
like to remove it from the spreadsheet, but it's password-protected and I
don't have access to the password. Is there any way to delete that macro
without knowing the password?

Thanks in advance,

Arnaud

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

"Don Guillett" wrote in message
Ask the person who "gave" you the file

--
Don Guillett
Microsoft MVP Excel

"Arnaud Miege" wrote in message

Not possible, I'm afraid... He was a customer and has left the company he
was working for and I don't have his new contact details.

Arnaud

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Ray Ray is offline

If you save the file as .xlsx (XL07 only), it should delete the macro
automatically. Keep in mind that ALL macros/procedures/etc will be
deleted by doing this, so if you only want to delete one macro (and
keep others), DO NOT use this method!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

"Ray" wrote in message
If you save the file as .xlsx (XL07 only), it should delete the macro
automatically. Keep in mind that ALL macros/procedures/etc will be
deleted by doing this, so if you only want to delete one macro (and
keep others), DO NOT use this method!

Thank you, I'll give it a try. There's only one macro, but I want to remove
all macros so that's OK.

Arnaud