Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Excell VBA pasword

I use, change, and enhance a spreadsheet created by an ex-employee, which is
really not a big problem. The problem is with the VBA add-in that another
ex-employee created to work with the spreadsheet and the "forgotten"
passwords. I am not a VBA person so first question I need to ask is: There
are 2 files in the add-in shown as: "atpvbaen.xls (ATPVBAEN.XLA)" and
"funcres.xls (FUNCRES.XLA)". Are these actual MicroSoft files. I have asked
some co-workers for help but "it's not there job" (MORONS). If these were
created by the ex-employee I may have options. If they are MS files I guess I
need to look for other solutions.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Thanks Dave. That is what I thought.
Maybe you can help me with my next question. I will bet you need to see the
code to answer this one. My VBA knowlage is limited to be a danger to myself.
The add-in creates a number of forms dependent on certain conditions. I need
to edit these forms. How do I display them.
"Dave Peterson" wrote:

Those are MS files.

Sparky13 wrote:

I use, change, and enhance a spreadsheet created by an ex-employee, which is
really not a big problem. The problem is with the VBA add-in that another
ex-employee created to work with the spreadsheet and the "forgotten"
passwords. I am not a VBA person so first question I need to ask is: There
are 2 files in the add-in shown as: "atpvbaen.xls (ATPVBAEN.XLA)" and
"funcres.xls (FUNCRES.XLA)". Are these actual MicroSoft files. I have asked
some co-workers for help but "it's not there job" (MORONS). If these were
created by the ex-employee I may have options. If they are MS files I guess I
need to look for other solutions.

--

Dave Peterson

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

How do you display the userform to change them?
Open excel
open the workbook
open the VBE
select that workbook's project
and expand the objects and double click on the userforms.
Then rightclick on the userform and select view code

How to open them so the user can use them?

sub ShowForm1()
userform1.show
end sub

When it runs is a different question--maybe form a button on a worksheet????

Sparky13 wrote:

Thanks Dave. That is what I thought.
Maybe you can help me with my next question. I will bet you need to see the
code to answer this one. My VBA knowlage is limited to be a danger to myself.
The add-in creates a number of forms dependent on certain conditions. I need
to edit these forms. How do I display them.
"Dave Peterson" wrote:

Those are MS files.

Sparky13 wrote:

I use, change, and enhance a spreadsheet created by an ex-employee, which is
really not a big problem. The problem is with the VBA add-in that another
ex-employee created to work with the spreadsheet and the "forgotten"
passwords. I am not a VBA person so first question I need to ask is: There
are 2 files in the add-in shown as: "atpvbaen.xls (ATPVBAEN.XLA)" and
"funcres.xls (FUNCRES.XLA)". Are these actual MicroSoft files. I have asked
some co-workers for help but "it's not there job" (MORONS). If these were
created by the ex-employee I may have options. If they are MS files I guess I
need to look for other solutions.

--

Dave Peterson

--

Dave Peterson
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Dave: I could not get this to display the forms. This does not suprise me
though, with my limited knowlage and the fact the the creator of the VBA
add-in has so many levels to it (job security, or so he thought). Which is
propably why no one in my department wants anything to do with it. Thanks for
your help, I will need to keep playing till I stumble across the secrect
passageway.

Sparky13 wrote:

Thanks Dave. That is what I thought.
Maybe you can help me with my next question. I will bet you need to see the
code to answer this one. My VBA knowlage is limited to be a danger to myself.
The add-in creates a number of forms dependent on certain conditions. I need
to edit these forms. How do I display them.
"Dave Peterson" wrote:

Those are MS files.

Sparky13 wrote:

I use, change, and enhance a spreadsheet created by an ex-employee, which is
really not a big problem. The problem is with the VBA add-in that another
ex-employee created to work with the spreadsheet and the "forgotten"
passwords. I am not a VBA person so first question I need to ask is: There
are 2 files in the add-in shown as: "atpvbaen.xls (ATPVBAEN.XLA)" and
"funcres.xls (FUNCRES.XLA)". Are these actual MicroSoft files. I have asked
some co-workers for help but "it's not there job" (MORONS). If these were
created by the ex-employee I may have options. If they are MS files I guess I
need to look for other solutions.

--

Dave Peterson

--

Dave Peterson

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Start stumbling at Debra Dalgleish's site:
http://contextures.com/xlUserForm01.html

And then stumble over to these articles by Peter Aiken:
http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/lib...ffice.10).aspx

Sparky13 wrote:

Thanks Dave. That is what I thought.
Maybe you can help me with my next question. I will bet you need to see the
code to answer this one. My VBA knowlage is limited to be a danger to myself.
The add-in creates a number of forms dependent on certain conditions. I need
to edit these forms. How do I display them.
"Dave Peterson" wrote:

Those are MS files.