Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Text boxes which can float outside the Excel application!

My users typically have multiple different applications and windows on
their screens, one of them being MS Excel. It is always a pain to
constantly shift back to Excel just to view a small set of data cells.

Therefore, I am curious if it is possible to somehow transfer the data
of a very small set of cells into some sort of text box
object that is constatly visible somewhere (anywhere) on my screen???
It would be great if I could find an object that can somehow detach
itself from the confines of a spreedsheet and kind of float somewhere
on the side so it's always visible.

Anybody got any ideas???

Thank you soo much! Everyone here has been so incredibly helpful!

Robert

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Add a UserForm (Insert/User Form from the VB editor's menu bar), put your
TextBox on it, size the TextBox to suit your needs and then size the
UserForm to the TextBox. Display the UserForm from your own code using this
command...

UserForm1.Show vbModeless

where I have assumed the name of the UserForm is UserForm1.

--
Rick (MVP - Excel)

"Robert Crandal" wrote in message
My users typically have multiple different applications and windows on
their screens, one of them being MS Excel. It is always a pain to
constantly shift back to Excel just to view a small set of data cells.

Therefore, I am curious if it is possible to somehow transfer the data
of a very small set of cells into some sort of text box
object that is constatly visible somewhere (anywhere) on my screen???
It would be great if I could find an object that can somehow detach
itself from the confines of a spreedsheet and kind of float somewhere
on the side so it's always visible.

Anybody got any ideas???

Thank you soo much! Everyone here has been so incredibly helpful!

Robert

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Wow, thanks soooo much!

BTW, which method is used to close out the modeless dialog box??
Is there an unshow() method?? or maybe a hide() method??? I have a
pushbutton on my spreadsheet which will be able to toggle the dialog
box as visible or hidden(closed).

Thank you Rick!

"Rick Rothstein" wrote in message
Add a UserForm (Insert/User Form from the VB editor's menu bar), put your
TextBox on it, size the TextBox to suit your needs and then size the
UserForm to the TextBox. Display the UserForm from your own code using
this command...

UserForm1.Show vbModeless

where I have assumed the name of the UserForm is UserForm1.

--
Rick (MVP - Excel)

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

from the userform code you can choose
Unload Me
or
Me.Hide

If you want to preserve ant data use the hide method

.