Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Vj Vj is offline

Default AutoFilter Slow problem

The auto filter behaves differently on differnet sheets.

I have auto filter on two sheets.

Sheet1 has around 30000 rows with no ole objects, and If I do auto filter
then it takes around 2 seconds.

Sheet2 has around 700 rows but it has four charts as well as ole vb controls
such as combo box, option btns and check box and command btn. The auto filter
on this sheet takes around 8 seconds.

Is Autofilter performance on sheet2 is slow because of ole objects?
Is there way I can fix time problem on autofilter on sheet2?

Thanks in advance.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

The time the autofilter will take depends on the number of functions you
have on the worksheet. After the autofilter is changed excel will
recaculate the worksheet which takes adifferent amount of time depending
on the number of items that has to be updated.

--
joel
joel's Profile: http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/member.php?userid=229

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Vj Vj is offline

Hey Joel,

Thanks for reply.

Thats not the case because there are no functions or code in worksheet
everything is in the module.

I am not sure how to fix it.

Thanks and regards,

.