Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Userform question

Hi,

I'm new to userforms etc so be gentle!!
I've create a form to track absence however I can only enter one record at a
time. ie. the field I have are week commencing,name, employee no., mon,
tue,wed,thur,fri,sat,sun,reasons. I have altered my form design so these
field are repeated so I can enter mutiple entries how do I get it to loop?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Are you using a VBA form?

If yes then don't use "hide" method after entering data. A VBA
userform will usually have two control buttons. One to enter the data
(move data to worksheet) and one to exit the userform. The exit button
will simply use the "Hide" method.

--
joel
joel's Profile: http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/member.php?userid=229

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Refer the below link by Debra
http://www.contextures.com/xlUserForm01.html

If this post helps click Yes
---------------
Jacob Skaria

"TONYr" wrote:

Hi,

I'm new to userforms etc so be gentle!!
I've create a form to track absence however I can only enter one record at a
time. ie. the field I have are week commencing,name, employee no., mon,
tue,wed,thur,fri,sat,sun,reasons. I have altered my form design so these
field are repeated so I can enter mutiple entries how do I get it to loop?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Jacob,

thanks for the reply unfortunately it doesn't help - this is the page I
used to setup my original form.

I don't think my explination of my issue was the best! Imagine the form in
the example link you posted by rather than an entry form for one form it is
an entry form for multiple parts. How do I get the code to finish the first
part and go to the next?

"TONYr" wrote:

Hi,

I'm new to userforms etc so be gentle!!
I've create a form to track absence however I can only enter one record at a
time. ie. the field I have are week commencing,name, employee no., mon,
tue,wed,thur,fri,sat,sun,reasons. I have altered my form design so these
field are repeated so I can enter mutiple entries how do I get it to loop?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

In the below link under section 'Add code to the cmdAdd button'; have you
noticed the below code which finds the next availble row....

'find first empty row in database
iRow = ws.Cells(Rows.Count, 1) _
.End(xlUp).Offset(1, 0).Row

If this post helps click Yes